T: 0118 9570 607
Partner and Trustee Director, Nabarro Pension Scheme
Richard has been involved in pension scheme governance since 1985 and has worked with, or as a, pension scheme independent trustee since 1989.
Richard is a Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute and is on the PMI Council. In 2017 he was appointed Chair of the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (PLSA). He is a regular contributor to the trade press.
Richard has responsibility for a wide and diverse range of clients, both DB and DC. The best part of the job, he says, is building a good team with the other trustees, the scheme sponsor and other service providers.
- Independent Trustee
- Pension Scheme Governance
- Investment Committee Service
- Risk Management
- Trustee Training
- Chair of the board: The Pension and Lifetime Savings Association
- Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute (PMI)
- Former Chairman of the DC Council of the PLSA
- Board Member of the PLSA
- Former Treasurer + Membership Secretary of the PLSA City and Eastern Group Committee
- Elected Member of Council, the PMI
- The Pensions Regulator DC Practitioner Panel
- Mastertrust Association
- DWP Trustee Panel
- Co-Founder of the AMNT
- Highly Commended in the 2010 & 2011 Engaged Investor Independent Trustee of the Year Awards.
- Nominated at the Engaged Investor Independent Trustee of the Year Awards 2014.
- Named as one of the top 50 “Most Influential People in Pensions” by Pensions Insight in 2017 as well as in 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Named as among the top 100 “Most Influential People Working in Europe’s Capital Markets” by the Financial News in 2014.
- Nominated for “Outstanding Individual Contribution to Pensions” at the Financial News Awards 2015.
- Winner of the “DC Trustee of the Year” at the Pensions Insight Awards 2016.
T: 0118 9570 607