With investment performance often failing to fulfill expectations and low interest rates/gilt yields inflating the apparent cost of pension liabilities, it seems that one of the few things scheme sponsors can control are the management costs.
At PTL, we have a long track record of helping our clients reduce these costs and make them more predictable.
We do this by:
- Introducing a fees protocol
- Identifying and, in consultation with you, minimising discretionary spends
- Avoiding duplication of work
- Having you and the trustees approve annual budgets, and
- Processing and monitoring all scheme bills.
How you will benefit
Using our fees protocol, we will:
- Ensure that no functions are being duplicated by the service providers
- Ensure that all functions have an owner
- Challenge budget submissions to ensure they are optimal
- Submit the budgets to you and the trustees for approval and are happy to lead any discussion between you around them
- Monitor fees against their budgets and report progress to you from time to time
- Manage the annual budget submission process
PTL’s Process – how we support your business
Our approach is to be pragmatic, personable and professional.
Being pragmatic is important. No two situations, no two problems are the same. Our pragmatic approach allows us to find sensible, common sense solutions that meet the need of all parties. A pragmatic approach is also a more cost effective approach.
Being personable is important. We all spend a lot of time working. It makes life more pleasant and work more bearable if our working relationships are friendly, warm, open and constructive. We build teams that will serve each client around that client’s needs and preferences.
Being professional is important and should be a given. The characteristics of professionalism we consider particularly important include being trust worthy, being an expert in our field, working to the highest standards, behaving ethically and fairly, observing clients confidentiality and treating all clients, colleague and others we contact in our work with consideration.
Our approach is to be collegiate, to work as part of a team with our clients and their other advisors. We aim to identify your objectives, establish how to achieve it and execute the resultant strategy.
Our approach is to be creative. The best approach to a matter or solution to a problem is not always the most obvious or established. We encourage our team to innovate externally for our clients and internally for PTL.
Please contact a member of our team to discuss our Budget Control Service for Finance Directors further on 0118 957 0610 or email email@example.com