T: 0118 957 0361
Chair of Trustees, Silk Industries Ltd Pension Scheme
(Also Chairman of Vanners Ltd, the sponsoring employer)
Simon manages a portfolio of client schemes through the provision of effective governance services. To achieve this, he works closely with all trustees, the scheme advisers, regulatory bodies and various scheme members. As well as acting as trustee on behalf of PTL, he also acts as secretary to the trustees on a number of his schemes. His aim is to deliver a cost-effective service that is compliant and robust. Simon is also involved in business development for PTL including the drafting proposals and delivering pitches and presentations.
Simon has broad experience of trusteeship across a wide range of schemes. This experience enables him to take a pragmatic and proportionate approach with the aim of securing members’ benefits as soon as possible and at the least cost to the sponsor.
Simon’s technical and analytical skills, combined with a determination to progress matters on a timely basis and within agreed budgets result in positive outcomes for his clients.
He enjoys all aspects of trusteeship and particularly values the team ethos within PTL, which enables us to deliver a joined-up service to our clients.
Simon was formerly the Pensions Manager for another trustee company and joined PTL in June 2010.
- Trustee and governance services
- Secretary to the trustees
- FAS and PPF schemes
- MNT selection process
- Technical problem solving
- Fellow of Pensions Management Institute
- Member of the PMI London Group
- Shadow to the Treasurer & Membership Secretary of the NAPF City & Eastern Region Group
- Represent PTL at The Association of Corporate Trustees (TACT)
- Member of PTL’s internal Operations Committee
- Competition Licence holder for England Athletics
- Enthusiastic runner & Chairman of local running club
- Interested in music & currently learning to play the piano
- Keen rugby supporter & season ticket holder for London Irish RFC
- Attempting to learn Spanish
- Keen clay pigeon shooter
Where to find Simon
- Squire Sanders Dempsey Pensions Seminar, 08 November 2013
- NAPF C&E Group meeting – 03 December 2013
- Pitmans LLP Charity Quiz Night – 04 December 2013
- Indoor Skydiving in Basingstoke – 10 December 2013
- Various medals for finishing races!
- Trustee awards as part of PTL
In the news
- Featured Face, August 2013 – read article
- Pensions Week: Techincal View, 12th February 2013 – read article
- Civil Partnerships: Will Pensions need to change – read arcticle
- Pensions Week: Technical View, 17th Sept 2012 – read article
Follow Simon on Twitter
T: 0118 957 0361