T: 0118 9570 452
Donny Hay is a qualified chartered accountant, with more than 30 years’ experience in the investment and pensions industry. Prior to joining PTL, he spent over 20 years in asset and fiduciary management – both managing portfolios for ten years, including as Head of European equities – and in other senior investment roles, working with pension funds and institutional investors.
In addition, he spent three years as a professional trustee, where he represented a bank of ten clients, some as Chair, which ranged in size from £30m to £5bn.
Donny has assisted trustee boards and sub-committees in both a general and specialist investment capacity. He has a broad skill set, combining investment and pension’s knowledge, technical expertise and industry know-how, with problem solving ability and excellent communication skills. He is a pragmatic person who particularly enjoys setting and achieving objectives by involving others, starting with the end in mind, being decisive and leading by example.
Donny is adept at operating at a senior level, having held numerous Director-level positions over his career, and has a long track record of achieving good business outcomes for his clients. Given his asset management experience, he is ideally placed to help his clients understand and navigate the range of investment options and solutions available to them. This will prove invaluable in helping PTL’s clients to make the most of their assets and manage risk in challenging times.
- Strong technical knowledge of investments and liability management
- Investment governance, including fiduciary management
- Getting the investment strategy right, maximising returns and reducing risk
- Experience of a wide range of pension trustee work
- Understanding of the sponsor’s position and covenant issues
- Ensuring value for money for members and employers
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland
- Hockey, golf and squash
- Reading memorable books
- Family activities with his wife and three children
- Hill walking in Scotland
In the News
- Pensions Expert: FCA forces asset managers to disclose transaction costs, 22 September 2017
- Independent trustee Roundtable: How schemes are reducing risk, 27 September 2017
- Professional Pensions: Government focus on cost transparency will shift to DB, 10 October 2017
- Blog: Slippage Costs – what does it all mean? 12 October 2017
- Pensions Expert – Mifid II: Why it matters, 07 December 2017
- Pensions Expert – Cost Transparency, 26 December 2017
Where to find Donny
- PLSA Investment Conference 2018, Edinburgh: 07 – 09 March 2018
T: 0118 9570 452