T: 0118 9570 262
David joined PTL as a Client Director in September 2017. He has worked in the pensions industry for 30 years with extensive In House, Consulting and International experience.
In his previous role David was UK and ROI Pensions Manager at Tesco overseeing the closure of their UK DB scheme and launch of their award winning Retirement Savings Plan. He also gained strong operational experience working with offshore shared service functions, designing and implementing a new operating model and migrating over 0.5 million records to a new pensions system. He was also Secretary to the Trustees of the £13 billion DB scheme, Chaired the Discretions Committee and was a member of the Retirement Savings Plan governance committee.
Previously David worked with two of the Big Four professional service firms gaining a wide breadth of experience across both defined benefit and defined contribution schemes in the private and public sector. This included pension M&A, funding negotiations, employer covenant reviews, liability management exercises, risk management and DC provider recommendations.
David has a diverse breadth of experience combined with strong technical skills and an excellent track record of successful project delivery.
- Governance, Risk Management and Quality Assurance
- Change management including DB Scheme closures and DC launches
- DB and DC Investment and Liability Driven Investment
- DB and DC Operations, including shared services
- DB funding and employer covenant
- Associate of the Pensions Management Institute
- Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute
- MBA from the Bradford Management Centre
In the News
T: 0118 9570 262