T: 0118 957 0245
Colin joined PTL as a Client Director in March 2014 having previously spent twenty-five years in pensions and actuarial consultancy.
Colin acts as independent trustee on several DB and DC pension schemes both large and small including five DC Master Trusts. Colin also is a member of the Internal Governance Committees for two leading workplace pension providers. Colin chairs the PTL Governance Advisory Arrangement for pension providers which provides governance for twelve further pension providers.
He is formerly a Director at KPMG and a partner at Barnett Waddingham with subsequent senior positions at JLT and Buck Consultants. Colin has advised pension scheme trustees throughout his career and also has specialist employer consulting experience. His work has involved a wide range of work for both corporate and trustee clients, including actuarial valuations, accounting, benefit design, liability management and benefit insurance. Colin also has advised upon auto-enrolment design and implementation.
Colin has significant project management experience relating to pension arrangements and has delivered numerous Trustee training courses and spoken at many pensions industry events.
Colin is a member of the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association (PLSA) DB Council. He is also a former chair of the Association of Consulting Actuaries (ACA) Investment Committee and a former member of the ACA Local Government Committee and PLSA Yorkshire Committee.
Being a qualified actuary provides Colin with the necessary technical ability and in depth knowledge of pensions issues. His extensive experience in strategic solutions for schemes together with communication skills means he is well placed to guide pension scheme trustees on the decisions and management of the path they need to take with their schemes.
- Independent Trusteeship
- DC Trusteeship and Governance (Trust and Contract based)
- Actuarial valuation process and negotiations
- Strategic planning for pension schemes
- Scheme management
- Pensions de-risking and insurance
- Group Life Master Trusts
- Fellow of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries
- Various sports
Where to find Colin
- Professional Pensions Round table: The Rise of Factor investing – 05 July 2017
In the News
- Professional Pensions, 13 March 2017 – How can trustees create a successful default fund?
- Professional Pensions, 28 February 2017 – Should transaction costs be brought within the DC charge cap?
- PLSA, 12 October 2016 – PLSA announces three new council members
- Press Release – “EU Referendum ‘No’ vote could be risky on many fronts”, 23 March 2016 – read here
- Professional Pensions, 23 March 2016 – read here
- Actuarial Post, 23 March 2016 – read here
T: 0118 957 0245