PTL is a specialist and award winning Independent Pensions Trustee company. Our team deliver expert pensions governance advice to businesses across the UK.
Our highly trained and dedicated team work closely with clients to support, educate and guide them through the challenging world of pensions governance.
With the growing raft of legislation and compliance issues to be aware of, independent trustees are the responsible choice for risk conscious and cost aware employers.
We minimise the management costs and risks faced by clients whilst also freeing administration time so they can focus on their core business. We can act as part of an existing trustee or governance structure, or can act as independent advisors, identifying and agreeing the best solution for our clients. We specialise in acting as an Independent Trustee to work based pension schemes, working closely with our clients to deliver good outcomes for members, employers and other trustees.
We act for:
- Defined benefit schemes
- Defined contribution schemes
- Traditional trust based
- Contract based schemes
- Group personal pension plans
- Open schemes
- Closed schemes
- Schemes in wind up and schemes in transition
PTL has particular expertise in managing problem pension arrangements and in schemes that are being assessed by The Pension Protection Fund.
Over the past 10 years, we have successfully facilitated the winding up of over 130 Schemes, demonstrating our ability to deliver the best possible outcome for the Members of struggling Pension Schemes.
We also act for non-pension entities, such as life trusts, charities, investment trusts, property and family trusts and escrow arrangements. We provide a range of ancillary services, including secretarial, training and documentation storage.
People – our people are our strength. We aim to attract and retain the best. We make a point of employing people of differing character. This means that we have someone who can fit into any client relationship.
Team – we work as a team on all appointments. A client director, a manager and an assistant. All members of the team are expected to have a relationship with the client. This means that we are accessible and can work efficiently.
Diverse – the team come from varied backgrounds giving us a rare breadth and depth of knowledge and experience.
Outcome focussed – our aim is to help our clients identify their strategic objectives, the different ways of achieving them, the best route right now and then to execute that strategy. We want to help our clients fix their problems not just contain them.
Hands on approach – we want to be actively involved. We want to take as much work away from you as you want to delegate.
At the centre – we are heavily involved in the industry, sitting on a number of bodies and are an active contributor to public debate on issues. This means that:
- Through us our clients have a voice in the formation of the policy and regulation that affects them.
- We have early warning of what is coming, giving our clients more time to prepare.
- We gain a “coal face” understanding of regulation and policy which means, in turn, that we are better able to help our clients comply or mitigate
Award winning – we and our clients have won awards for our innovation and delivery. Including:
- Winners of the Professional Pensions Trustee of the Year Award 2006
- Highly commended in the Engaged Investor Trustee of the Year Award 2010
- Winners of the Pension and Investment Provider (PIPA) Independent Trustee of the year Award 2011
- Highly commended in the Engaged Investor Trustee of the Year Award 2011
- Winners of “Independent Trustee Firm of the Year” at the Pensions Age Awards 2014
Regulated - we are regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA)
PTL explained – click here to watch the video